Code of Conduct
Trove takes working conditions in the countries where we work very seriously. We have a no tolerance policy towards any breach of compliance with our Code of Conduct. We actively manage and oversee our supply chain to ensure that our responsibility standards are upheld. Trove requires that all of its manufacturers comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct, which entails:
No forced labor or child labor:
- Children under 14 are NOT allowed to work on any aspect of production.
- Children 14-15 are allowed to practice an apprenticeship up to 18 hours a week for the purpose of the preserving traditional trades.
- Students under 18 are NOT allowed to work more than 40 hours a week or practice the more hazardous aspects of production.
- All workshops must comply with their local laws on Child Labor. *These are based on the Child Labor Provisions for Nonagricultural Occupations Under the Fair Labor Standards Act U. S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division Child Labor Bulletin 101 WH-1330 Revised February 2013 http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/childlabor101.pdf
Fair wages to the employees:
- All employees must be paid above the minimum wage for their respective country for their hourly work.
- All overtime work shall be reimbursed at a premium rate as defined by national law.
- In countries where a premium rate for overtime is not regulated by law or a collective bargaining agreement, personnel shall be compensated for overtime at a premium rate or equal to prevailing industry standards, whichever is more favorable to workers’ interests.*These are based on the Fair Trade Factory Standards for Apparel and Home Goods that can be found here: http://fairtradeusa.org/sites/all/files/wysiwyg/filemanager/FTUSA_FactoryStandardAHG
Safe and healthy work environments:
- The company shall comply with applicable laws and industry standards on working hours and public holidays. The normal workweek, not including overtime, shall be defined by local law but shall not exceed 48 hours.
- The company shall provide a safe and healthy workplace environment and shall take effective steps to prevent potential accidents and injury to workers’ health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the workplace environment, and bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazard
- The company shall provide, for use by all personnel, access to clean toilet facilities, access to potable water, and, where applicable, sanitary facilities for food storage.
- Personnel shall have the right to leave the workplace premises after completing the standard workday, and be free to terminate their employment provided that they give reasonable notice to their employer.
- The company shall treat all personnel with dignity and respect. The company shall not engage in or tolerate the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, or verbal abuse of personnel. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed. *These are based on the Fair Trade Factory Standards for Apparel and Home Goods that can be found here: http://fairtradeusa.org/sites/all/files/wysiwyg/filemanager/FTUSA_FactoryStandardAHG_1.2_EN_03062014.pdf
- The company shall not engage in or support discrimination in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination, or retirement based on race, national or social origin, caste, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, marital status, union membership, political opinions, age, or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
- Maternity leave must be granted to women employees without fear of losing their job. After returning to work, breastfeeding breaks during work time must be granted.
- Wage deduction or dismissals of workers on maternity leave are prohibited. Upon their return, workers will have the same positions as prior to their leave, with same or equivalent pay and benefits.
Maintain exclusivity for Trove LLC designs:
- All apparel/pattern designs created for Trove, LLC must be not be sold to any other company/fashion label/individual.
Annual third-party independent auditor:
- All audits will be conducted during a two-week window of which the manufacturer is advised, though the manufacturer and material supplier do not know the precise date on which the audit will occur during that two-week window. Trove will also conduct internal audits throughout the year executed by our in-house staff. Employees and Contractors of Trove are asked to report any violation of this Code of Conduct to the Trove Executive Team who will then investigate and take any and all necessary steps to report findings to local authorities and take appropriate actions to terminate manufacturing relationship.