Texas Cavier Dip
In honor of the New Year and our little gathering tonight, we're making a healthy (and lucky) dip to ensure we get in our black eyed peas for 2018!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans yellow corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, red onion, celery, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil.
- Pour dressing over black-eyed pea mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least three hours.