Chai is my all-time favorite coffeehouse drink, I love it hot, iced or blended. I adore the sweet, creamy spiciness of the tea that makes me think of the warmth of the holiday season. Tirana’s concentrate makes it easy to enjoy that taste at home, and also experiment with using it in baking and cooking.
I came up with this amazing Pumpkin Chai Tiramisu, combing my favorite drink with my favorite dessert into an autumn inspired treat perfect for the season. I think you will agree, this dessert is worthy of at least serving in addition to the standard pumpkin pie at your upcoming holiday gatherings!
Pumpkin Chai Tiramisu
(makes 4 individual desserts)
- 1 – 8 oz containers of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 TBS agave nectar
- 1/2 cup Torani Chai Concentrate
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8-10 lady finger cookies
- spiced whipped cream*
- Using a hand mixer blend the mascarpone cheeses, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and agave nectar in a medium bowl until through blended. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the Torani Chai Concentrate and milk. Lay the lady finger cookies in the chai/milk and allow them to absorb the liquid. Cut the cookies in half.
- Arrange cookie halves in the bottom of dessert dish, spread one spoonful of the mascarpone mixture over the top, then add another halved cookie, then another spoonful of the mascarpone mix, creating 4 layers total.
- Top with spiced whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
*Spiced Whipped Cream
Using a stand mixer, whip together 1 cup heavy cream, 1 TBS agave nectar, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice until stiff peaks form. Keep an eye on it while it whips and do not allow to over-beat.
-By Angel Fuchs (Creator of Yay! Baby Blog)