Recipe | Piña Colada Smoothie
Today just happens to be one of our favorite made-up social media holidays - National Piña Colada Day! That's right. We're breaking out our blender and turning on some island tunes to help us celebrate. Anyone else planning on listening to "Caribbean Queen" by Billy Ocean on repeat? Cool. Just us, then.
Since Jaclyn is pregnant, unfortunately, no alcohol was consumed in the making of these piñas. Alas, you can always pour a splash of rum in this recipe should you want to make this beverage a little more fun. Let's get started:
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes, unsweetened OR 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, sweetened
- 1 cup skim milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach or kale
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- Place all the ingredients inside blender. Cover and blend until smooth, stopping frequently to push down anything stuck to the sides (especially those with a lower-power blender). Pour into glass and enjoy. Makes one serving.
- (One thing that I do to make sure that I don't have any spinach chunks is to blend the milk/water with the spinach before adding the other ingredients.)