10 Things I Want You to Know About Rwanda
If you follow us on Instagram, then you know that I got back from Rwanda a few weeks ago. What an amazing trip it was!
This was not my first time to Rwanda, but I must say that every single time I go, I learn something knew and am re-inspired by this gorgeous country.
If you're reading this, do yourself a favor and add 'Visit Rwanda' to your bucket list. Need some convincing?
Here are 10 things I want you to know about Rwanda...
1. Rwanda is called the land of a thousand hills, and for good reason. It’s the most gorgeous country I’ve ever visited!
2. Rwandans understand how to extend forgiveness. True forgiveness.
3. The women in rural Rwanda know how to carry water LIKE A BOSS. You don’t realize how heavy water is until you try to carry it up the *previously mentioned* hills.
4. There are no better avocados in the world than in Rwanda. None.
5. Plates aren’t needed for dinner in the village. Neighbors are family. And family all eats from one banana leaf platter.
6. Church in Rwanda is out of this world amazing.
7. The Genocide does not define this country. It’s unity does.
8. One Saturday of every month is called Community Day when everything (and I mean everything) shuts down. Residents all over the country join together with their neighbors to do good works in their community.
9. Cheeza, the female bartender girl boss at Heaven makes the best spicy cocktail in the world. It’s not on the menu. Ask her to make it for you ;)
Shop our Ibanza Collection from Rwanda here!